Monday, July 13, 2009

Note To Self,

I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. I want to know if you will risk looking a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive. I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; I want to know if you can see beauty, even when it’s not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence. I want to know if you will stand in the fire with me and not shrink back. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments. And if this isn’t worth your while, then I want to know what is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment